KoKMA to give municipality’s greenbelt to horticulturists - MCE 

Accra, Nov. 25, GNA-The Korle Klottey Municipal Assembly (KoKMA) is to offer the Municipality’s greenbelt to horticulturists as part of its beautification drive.

The Municipal Chief Executive for (KoKMA), Nii Adjei Tawiah said even though those producers would be selling to the public, it would be a more organized way of maintaining these green areas.

Speaking on the sidelines of the Assembly's third general meeting for the year, he said the Assembly had taken steps to move people from the the Municipality’s green belt.

The meeting was to account for his stewardship during the year 2021, inform Assembly members about the Assembly's plans for the coming year and do a bit of self-retrospection.

Nii Tawiah said the year under review for the Assembly was not the best as compared to the previous years where they were able to generate more revenue, adding however that since the year had not yet ended they expected to make more revenue.

He said the total revenue performance at the end of October stood at GHS12 million out of an annual budget of GHS24 million, representing 49.55 per cent instead of the expected third-quarter target of 75 per cent.

     "Out of the total revenue realized in October, GHS662,079.73 representing 64.47 per cent came from Internally Generated Fund (IGF) whilst the remaining GHS223,258.53, representing 35.53 per cent was from Grants and other government transfers."

He noted that the relatively low performance stemmed from the fact that the Assembly had not received much of the expected funds from the Central Government transfers. "District Assemblies Common Fund (DACF) received as of October stood at GH¢ 931, 109.91 representing 11.23 per cent of the budgeted GHS8, 293,840.00."

"The DACF allocation for second and third quarters of 2021 have still not been released and hope that they would be released to improve our financial stand and help us implement policies, projects and programmes."

The MCE said the expenditure as of October stood at GHS12,669,499.50 representing 52.8 per cent of the annual budget of GHS 23,988,171.00. Out of the total expenditure, GHS3,976,728.68 went into the compensation of employees, GHS6,720,537.93 on goods and services, while the remaining GHS1,972,232.89 went into assets. The difference of total expenditure exceeding revenue was funded by rolled over funds from previous years.

"The Assembly has engaged in some works on roads in the municipality, provided installation of metal gratings, undertaken some social protection activities, engaged waste management companies to handle sanitation in most of the markets, procured a truck for waste collection, and outsourced towing services," he added.

Nii Tawiah indicated that the Assembly was also in the process of constructing 40 lockable stores at Tema Station and Circle, as well as engaging the Media to facilitate their work.

He expressed appreciation to the Assembly members for unanimously endorsing him as the President's nominee as the MCE and called for their support, dedication and commitment in the discharge of his duties.